Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Health Care Reform and the Pre-Boomer

When I came into Medicare after age 65 and I thought it was not necessary to worry about the future of physician and hospital costs. My health was good, and luckily there yet, but I had a nagging feeling of health insurance situation was too good to be true. It begins, as if my guess was correct to search.

The first problem I had a few doctors balked at terms Medicare, I had found on the right side of PPO. In addition, some hospitals in Los Angeles areno longer accept the major insurance, I have to provide additional coverage. Despite my premiums continue to escalate the level, which excludes the prescription plan. Thank God I had locked in long term care insurance, which I hope I never use it. However, until recently, I felt the combination of all my plans would see me through the rest of my life.

Now there is a strong indication the government is in a health plan designed to be passensure that each covered. I have seen first hand in California, such as this without insurance use emergency rooms as clinics, because by law no one can be dismissed. Of course, in a perfect world, everyone would have health insurance and a college education and a house and a car and ...

The problem I see for those of us born from 1930 to 1945 is that we may be denied medical treatment, so that another person can have. That's right, after all these yearsthe payment of premiums and trying to live somewhat healthy lifestyle, there is the possibility of the first pre-boomer generation, among who do not care, we will need when we need them to be. Look at Britain and Canada, people need diagnostic work are placed on a waiting list. And once the need for a medical procedure is determined, the patient is placed on another waiting list. We understand that most transplant recipients are screened and a list of those who are too sick or too oldhave been transferred to the vital organs. It is assumed that the cost in some kind of universal health care system controls, rationing is the rule rather than the exception. Is this what you want?

In the U.S., many states are considering their own health care plans. Massachusetts has a plan for if the inhabitants. There are waving red flags every step of the way, but the administration is under pressure by some persistent asquickly as possible. For all other expenditures for the stimulus packages, bailouts and a couple of wars going on, it seems irresponsible to move quickly on something as important as medical care. But many people have expressed concern about the other big-budget Congress for programs that will put our elected representatives take part, without reading the bills much less in-depth debates expressed.

We can not let it happen again, especially if this could be a matter of life and deathPre-boomers. Find out about health care, let representatives in Washington know what you like and do not have the various elements of legislation as possible. Most importantly, do not wait until it's too late. There are approximately 40 million pre-boomers who can hear our collective voice.



guaranteed high risk personal loans

No comments:

Post a Comment